Yum

Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Fun with Pizzelles




I bought myself an early Christmas present and I’ve been having SO much fun with it. It’s a Pizzelle maker (pronounced pee-sell…..no wonder the gal at Bed, Bath and Beyond wrinkled up her forehead at me when I asked for a “pizz-elly,” lol. Bless her heart). Anyway, I ordered this little beauty online through Williams Sonoma.

I started with a basic pizzelle recipe and once I’d done all I could with that, I moved on to my own variation. I wanted to try a pumpkin version. Oh my gosh, you can do SSOOO much with this thing. I can’t wait to try a savory recipe! I have lots of ideas rolling around my flour-coated brain and, of course, I’ll share them right here.

I pulled these off the hot pizzelle plates and rolled them using the wooden dowel that came with it. I piped in (prepared) blueberry cream cheese spread.....OH, so good!



These were made using the basic recipe. Just kept them flat to cool, then spread chocolate hazelnut spread and added banana slices.





This is my pumpkin version. I put them immediately into little ramekins and used my wooden tamping tool to help shape it while it cooled. I filled these with (prepared) vanilla pudding and topped them with almond granola. 



Basic Vanilla Pizelles Recipe 
(This is not my recipe. Since I had never made these before, I wanted a basic recipe that I could learn and work from. I found this one HERE)

Ingredients
3 large eggs
¾ c. sugar
1 stick unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1 Tbsp. pure vanilla extract
1 ¾ c. all-purpose flour, sifted
2 tsp. baking powder
Powdered sugar for dusting (optional)

Directions
Beat eggs and sugar in a mixing bowl approximately 2 to 3 minutes, until they’re fluffy and a light yellow color.

Slowly drizzle in melted and cooled butter and add vanilla extract.

Using a spatula, fold in flour and baking powder just until incorporated into the wet ingredients.

Bake one Tbsp per mold (I used a cook dough scoop) in pizzelle maker until golden brown, about 30 seconds. Remove and cool on rack.
My Pumpkin Version

Pumpkin Pizzelles (This one IS my recipe)

Ingredients
3 eggs
1 c. sugar
¾ c. packed brown sugar
1 Tbsp. honey
½ c. pumpkin puree
1 stick butter, melted and cooled
1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
2 c. flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 ½ tsp. cinnamon
Powdered sugar for dusting (optional)

Directions
Cream eggs, sugar and brown sugar together in large bowl of a stand mixer. Add honey and pumpkin and continue mixing until well incorporated.

Add vanilla extract and drizzle melted, cooled butter with the machine running.

In separate bowl, sift flour, baking powder and cinnamon.

Use a spatula to gently fold dry ingredients into wet ingredients until well combined.

Bake one Tbsp per mold (I used a cook dough scoop) in pizzelle maker until golden brown, about 30 seconds. Remove and cool on rack.





No comments:

Post a Comment