Yum

Friday, August 5, 2016

Garden Harvest Pasta Salad





I feel like I've spent my entire day staring at vegetables! Maybe...because I have, LOL. Dear husband and I spent several glorious minutes early this morning harvesting MORE zucchini, yellow squash, English cucumbers, peppers, chilies, green beans and tomatoes (and it won't be long til the corn is ready). He even took a bag full of "harvest" with him to work to share with his co-workers (who, I'm sure, now run the other direction when they see him approaching with bag in hand and a "please take these" look in his eyes, LOL).

Anyway, I pureed several more batches of zucchini this afternoon and stuffed them into the freezer in hopes of using them in a few months for many, many loaves of zucchini bread. Head's up, locals! Guess what YOU'RE getting for Christmas, LOL!

Still....we have sssooooo much stuff from the garden to use up before it goes bad. This little recipe is just something I threw together for dinner tonight. I don't have any crusty French bread on hand, but that's ok. I'm mixing up a batch of my homemade biscuits instead :)

Garden Harvest Pasta Salad

Ingredients
2 ½ to 3 c. farfalle (bow-tie pasta), cooked and drained
1 large zucchini, diced
1 medium crook-neck squash, diced
2 green onions, diced
¼ medium red bell pepper, diced
½ c. diced tomatoes (I used small grape tomatoes a sliced them in half)
¾ c. broccoli florets
4 chicken tenders
1 ½ Tbsp. Italian salad dressing
Italian seasoning
Salt and pepper
¼ c. fresh Parmesan cheese grated over the top.
1 Tbsp. Olive oil

Directions
Heat olive oil in skillet over medium heat. Add chicken tenders. Season with salt and pepper and Italian seasoning. Turn and cook until browned on both sides. Remove from heat and set aside.

In large bowl, add diced zucchini, crook-neck squash, broccoli, green onions, bell pepper and tomatoes.

Once chicken has cooled enough to work with, transfer to cutting board and dice into bite-sized pieces.

Add chicken to diced vegetables. Add cooked, drained pasta. Pour Italian dressing over pasta mixture. Using a large spoon or scraper, combine all ingredients well making sure to evenly distribute salad dressing.

Use a vegetable peeler to shave off strips of Parmesan over salad. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving.

Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment