Yum

Friday, July 22, 2016

Oatmeal Zucchini Cookies



Yeah....we're that desperate around here. Looking for new ways, old ways, ANY way to use the blessed abundance of zucchini our garden is producing this year.


My mom makes the BEST zucchini bread, and it would have been easier to just beg her for her recipe and then hope it comes together half as good as hers. Instead, I put this recipe together this morning and I really like it (it even passed the son's-friend-who-happened-to-drop-by test, so I sent him home with some!). In all honesty, this is my second attempt at doing something useful with my zucchini today. I tried to go "all healthy like" with the first batch and used super-fine almond flour. Uummm....I guess I need to master almond flour before I go putting it in my cookies (smiles).



Anyway, this recipe uses only 1 zucchini, but I'm pretty sure I will be tossing many more in the food processor to puree for other dishes. Mom just freezes hers for her zucchini bread, so I will probably do the same.



If YOU have any zucchini recipes you'd like to share, PLEASE, by all means, share away in the comments section! But for now, you gotta try this recipe! It's a keeper that I'll be making again and again.

Oatmeal Zucchini Cookies

Ingredients
¼ c. butter, softened
¾ c. brown sugar
¾ c. granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 ½ tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 c. pureed zucchini (about 1 medium)
2 c. all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 ½ tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. salt
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
½ tsp. ground coriander
1 c. old-fashioned oats
½ c. mini semi-sweet chocolate chips

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In large bowl of stand mixer, combine butter and sugars. Mix until butter is fully incorporated. With the mixer running, add eggs one at a time then add vanilla extract. Turn mixer off and spoon in pureed zucchini. Mix until well combined.

In separate bowl, sift flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and coriander.

Add dry ingredients to the zucchini mixture about a cup at a time. Once fully incorporated, pour in oats and chocolate chips. Mix well.

Place dough in refrigerator for about 20 minutes.

Using small cookie dough scoop, place cookie dough on baking sheet (I like to use silicone liners).

Bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown.




No comments:

Post a Comment