Yum

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Lemon Cooler Cookies



So, these just happened today in my kitchen.



This is one cookie that takes me right back to my little-girl self; pony tails, dirt under my fingernails, taking on a double-dog dare to climb up the big-kid slide and plotting how I would talk my parents into letting me stay up late. Yeah, those days :)


I've always been a little bit crazy for these cookies. And now....I can make them whenever I want because I put this recipe together this afternoon and it is forever ingrained in my big-girl brain! Actually...I'm glad I'm writing it down here because sometimes my big-girl brain forgets (smiles).


In a word??? These. Are. Delicious! SO light and fluffy and lemony. Amazing flavor and texture. You seriously need a batch of these to share with those you love. They will definitely brighten up your long, lazy days of summer :)

Lemon Cooler Cookies (Joyful Kitchen version)

Ingredients
1/2 c. plus 2 Tbsp. butter, room temperature
1 c. confectioner's sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. lemon extract
Juice of 1 lemon
2 ½ c. flour
1 Tbsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
¼ tsp. salt
1 tsp. cream of tarter

Coating:
1 c. confectioner's sugar
zest of 1 lemon


Directions
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.

In large bowl of stand mixer, cream butter and 1 cup confectioner's sugar. Add eggs one at a time mixing well after each. Add lemon extract and juice and beat about 30-40 seconds to make sure everything is combined.

In medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cream of tarter. Stir together.

Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients 1/2 cup at a time. Make sure all ingredients are fully incorporated. 

Use small cookie dough scoop and scoop dough onto cookie sheets (with silicone liner, if possible). Bake 12 minutes. Remove pan from oven and transfer cookies to cooling rack.

Meanwhile, add lemon zest to 1 cup of confectioner's sugar and stir.

Coat each cookie in powdered sugar mixture and store in an air-tight container. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment