Yum

Thursday, June 16, 2016

Triple Chocolate Skillet Cookie




For no particular reason, I have craved chocolate ALL day! Not just a simple, "gosh, a little piece of chocolate sounds good," NO. I have "required" chocolate kinda like I require oxygen. Can't explain it. Anyway, my afternoon plans shifted a bit and I found myself staring at a package of chocolate chips and thinking hhmmmm.....

I literally came up with this recipe as I went along. I thought it up and it went in the bowl. Gotta admit, smells pretty awesome and I can't wait to dig in. I'm thinkin' maybe after dinner with a dollop of ice cream and some kind of ooey-gooey topping? Hhmmmmmm......


Triple Chocolate Skillet Cookie

1 ¾ c. all-purpose flour
¼ c. cocoa powder
1 ½ tsp. baking soda
¾ tsp. salt
½ c. butter, softened
½ c. granulated sugar
¾ c. light brown sugar
2 eggs
1 ½ tsp. vanilla extract
12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
½ c. semi-sweet mini chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

I used a 12-inch cast iron skillet for this recipe.

In medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt and cocoa powder. I like to use a whisk just to make sure all ingredients are incorporated.

In large bowl of stand mixer, combine butter and sugars. Mix until combined. Add eggs and vanilla. Start on low then increase speed. Mix until creamy.

Add dry ingredients one cup at a time mixing in between. Mix until fully incorporated. Add semi-sweet chocolate chips and mix thoroughly.

Pour contents out into skillet. Use a plastic scraper to spread dough evenly to reach all sides.

Sprinkle mini chocolate chops across the top.

Bake for 33-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean and cookie has pulled away slightly from the sides. (Don't overbake).




No comments:

Post a Comment