Yum

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Chocolate Orange Truffles





So, I think I have a new favorite flavor combination. I've truly been missing out! Chocolate and orange....TOGETHER??? Who knew? Oh my goodness, these little gems are nothing short of delicious. They are positively decadent, rich, creamy, chocolatey, did I say "decadent?" They are just a little bite of WOW and you really should treat yourself to one or two of these as soon as possible.

I did not come up with this recipe on my own. I adapted it from one I found Here. However, I changed out the vanilla extract for orange extract to add a different level of flavor. I also used a combination of semi-sweet baking chocolate (bars) and chocolate chips. It's a great basic truffle recipe and I'm looking forward to changing it up even more because....oh yes.....I WILL be making these again :)



You'll need:
3 c. powdered sugar, sifted
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
3 c. semi-sweet chocolate, melted
1 1/2 tsp. flavored extract (orange, raspberry, strawberry, maple, etc - I used orange this time)
your choice of colorful sprinkles or nuts

Directions:
In large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Gradually beat in powdered sugar. Add melted chocolate and flavored extract. Mix until ingredients are well incorporated. Place mixture in the refrigerator for at least an hour.

Shape into 1-inch balls (I used a small cookie dough scoop) and roll in your choice of sprinkles, nuts, cocoa, etc. Keep refrigerated.



No comments:

Post a Comment