Yum

Saturday, November 21, 2015

Sausage Stuffing Muffins




This is such a wonderful time of year for so many reasons. One being that we get to enjoy some of our favorite once-a-year type recipes. And these Sausage Stuffing Muffins is one I’ve been making for about 25 years.

I found this recipe in a magazine right after my husband and I were married. I used to make it in a large baking dish for holiday gatherings with family, but the past few years I’ve realized that by making the same recipe and baking it in a muffin pan, not only does it make for great portion control, but I can make them for Thanksgiving, tuck away whatever is left over in the freezer, then pull them out again for Christmas dinner! And believe me…if you make these for Thanksgiving, you’ll be craving them again by Christmas! They’re that good J




Sausage Stuffing Muffins

1 lb. Jimmy Dean Sausage (½ tube of Hot, ½ tube of Regular)
3 eggs, beaten
2 pkgs. Corn bread stuffing
2 c. sharp cheddar cheese
2 stalks celery, diced
½ large yellow onion, diced
1 ½ tsp. poultry seasoning
2 tsp. fresh sage leaves, chopped
3 cloves of garlic, minced
2 cans reduced sodium chicken broth
Salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 350 °.

Brown sausage in large skillet over medium heat. Drain.

In large bowl, mix sausage with all other ingredients reserving 1 c. cheddar cheese for topping. Stir until well combined.

Scoop into muffin pan and top with cheese.

Bake about 30 minutes. Serve hot.


As I mentioned above, these freeze well. To use at a later date, just pull a few from the freezer, thaw and reheat.

No comments:

Post a Comment