Yum

Saturday, October 3, 2015

Zucchini Noodle Salad



So, I couldn't stand it anymore. I knew when I saw this cool gadget for the first time that I just had to have it in my life. I went back to World Market a couple weeks later (because I'm always looking for any excuse to go there) and got myself a spiral slicer.



It's so fun to use and has greatly enhanced my relationship with vegetables. Besides, who could resist the fun little "leftovers" it creates??? LOL.



Dear husband is on a mission to cut out pretty much all the garbage from his diet (and I need to do the same), so I came up with this fun and tasty salad using my oh-so-entertaining kitchen gadget. You gotta try this - so fresh, simple and delicious :)

I started with a couple zucchinis. I sliced them in half because I learned right away that if I don't, I end up with one loooooonnnggg continuous noodle. Though it looks kinda fun, it makes it a little awkward to eat.



So, really. You gotta get yourself a spiral slicer and try this recipe. The sky really is the limit with this. I'm sharing a very simple salad recipe here, but there are so many variations. You could add chicken, black olives, kalamata olives, artichoke hearts, corn, cherry tomatoes, etc. The possibilities are endless :)

Zucchini Noodle Salad

Ingredients
2 medium zucchini peeled and cut in half (in the middle, not lengthwise)
1/2 red bell pepper, diced
2 green onions, diced
1 medium carrot, shredded
1/2 c. turkey breast, chopped (3 oz.)
1/2 c. freshly grated Parmesan cheese
juice of 1 small lemon
Italian Seasoning
Olive oil (optional)

Directions
Using Spiral Slicer, slice 2 zucchinis and place the spirals into a medium bowl. Add bell pepper, green onions, carrot and turkey breast. Toss to combine. Squeeze lemon over top and toss again. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning and Parmesan cheese. (I poured a little Creamy Italian dressing over mine, but my husband loved it without).

Remember to share your variation of this recipe!

3 comments:

  1. I think I have a spiral slicer, and now I know what to do with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I have a spiral slicer, and now I know what to do with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the BEST salad I have EVVVEEERR tasted... Lol. Just kidding, but it really is tasty!

    ReplyDelete