Yum

Monday, October 26, 2015

Chocolate Chip Granola Cookies




So, I picked up a bag of granola the other day. It has dried cranberries and almonds in it and looked so good. I've been trying to come up with a way to use it, so I made these...









I think they're one of my new favorites :)


Chocolate Chip Granola Cookies
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 stick butter, softened
2 eggs, beaten
1 tsp. baking soda
¾ c. granulated sugar
¾ c. packed brown sugar
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla extract
12oz. pkg. semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 c. Nature Valley Crunchy Granola (Cranberry Almond)

Preheat oven to 350°.
Cream butter and both sugars in large bowl. Add beaten egg and vanilla.
In separate bowl, combine flour with baking soda and salt. Slowly add flour mixture to butter and sugar mixture. Mix well. Add chocolate chips and granola and mix until combined. (NOTE: crush up any large pieces of granola before adding them to the mix. I poured mine into a freezer bag and hit it a few times with my rolling pin).

Turn dough out onto greased 9”x13” glass baking dish. Spread dough evenly across dish (I had to use the palm of my hand…and that’s ok). Bake 20 to 25 minutes. The edges will be slightly brown, but really…your nose will tell you when it’s done. Cool slightly before slicing into bars/squares.



No comments:

Post a Comment