Yum

Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Chicken Divan Minis





Well, there’s really only one word to describe these little gems: DELICIOUS! And tonight, it’s dinner. This would also be great as an appetizer or serve it with a salad and it’s a meal!

I picked up a tube of prepared pizza dough, not really knowing which direction I was going to go with it, but knowing I wanted to use ingredients I already had. This is a spin-off of a Chicken Divan recipe I’ve been making for years – just made into smaller portions and with a crust. I love this recipe because you could do so many different variations with it. I truly feel that we should have fun with cooking. No be intimidated or afraid of it. Right? Well, I definitely had fun with this one. Check it out…

Chicken Divan Minis

6 chicken tenderloins (I just pulled them straight from the freezer and threw
them in the pan)
1 ½ c. broccoli, chopped small
1 ½ c. sharp cheddar cheese, grated
1 tube prepared refrigerated pizza dough
1 can cream of chicken soup
Milk
French fried onions
Garlic salt
Black pepper
Italian seasoning
Olive oil
Cooking spray

Preaheat oven to 400°.

In skillet over medium heat, pour 1 to 2 Tbsp. of olive oil. Place chicken tenders in pan and season with garlic salt, pepper and Italian seasoning. Brown on both sides. Remove chicken from pan and dice.

Open tube of pizza dough and roll out pretty thin. Using a 2-inch square cutter, cut out dough and place in muffin pan sprayed with cooking spray. Prebake for about 5-7 minutes or until the corners of the dough start to brown.

Cut broccoli into small pieces. Grate cheese.

In small saucepan, pour soup from can. Fill soup can ¾ full with milk. Whisk soup and milk until combined.

Return diced chicken and broccoli to skillet. Pour soup mixture over the top and stir. Scoop mixture into partially cooked dough cups. Top with cheese and French fried onions. Bake another 10 minutes or so or until cheese is completely melted and dough is golden brown.

Enjoy!


(Note: I had some dough and filling left over, so I just patted out the dough in a small baking dish, piled the filling into it and topped with cheese).


No comments:

Post a Comment