Yum

Friday, September 4, 2015

Mini Zucchini Bites

So, I bought a donut pan thinking it would be fun to see what kind of donuts I could make. I "dreamed up" a recipe and apparently missed a couple key elements (shuffles feet and bites lip). Anyway, going back to square ONE, I decided to try to think up a healthier use for my pan but while chiseling out my creation with a knife, I moved on to my familiar and trusted mini-muffin pan instead. :)

I made a batch of zucchini cakes/patties recently and wasn't entirely happy with the way they turned out, so I changed up the recipe a bit and came up with this. Super good and flavorful and I WILL be making these again....in my mini-muffin pan. :)


Ingredients
1 med. zucchini
1 med. carrot
2 Tbsp. diced yellow onion
1 garlic clove, minced
½ c. freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1 egg
Dash of milk
2 tsp. dried oregano
1 tsp. salt
1-2 tsp. black pepper
2 cups Panko bread crumbs
Non-stick cooking spray

Directions
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Spray mini-muffin pan with cooking spray.

Peel and grate zucchini and place in medium bowl. Grate carrot and add that to zucchini. Add diced onion, garlic and oregano, salt and pepper. Mix well.

In small bowl, lightly beat the egg, flour and dash of milk. Pour egg mixture over veggies and mix well until combined. Stir in Parmesan cheese and Panko bread crumbs.

Fill each muffin well with the zucchini mixture. Bake approximately 25 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment